Francesco Suglia (Frank) practices in the area of civil litigation. Frank’s litigation experience spans a broad range of subject matters, including general commercial and contract litigation (with a focus on shareholder, employment and franchise disputes), trust and estate litigation, construction litigation, and unfair competition, trademark and similar “business tort” litigation. Frank also has experience representing commercial lenders on a variety of matters, including collection actions, contested commercial foreclosures, applications to appoint receivers, and lenders’ title insurance (and related) disputes.
Frank, combining his legal and language skills, also serves as a conduit between foreign counsel and U.S. upper-management/in-house counsel, and otherwise assists U.S. clients, with matters pending in, or adverse to entities from, Spain and Latin America. Frank also assists foreign clients on U.S. matters.
Frank has appeared before state and federal trial and appellate courts, and administrative/regulatory agencies, throughout the U.S. East Coast. He also has participated in numerous forms of alternative dispute resolution, like mediation and arbitration.
Frank is fluent in Spanish and proficient in Italian.
Before joining Lauletta Birnbaum, Frank was an attorney at Duane Morris, LLP and WolfBlock, LLP. Before entering private practice, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Eduardo C. Robreno, U.S.D.J, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Frank also worked in the legal department of a regulated utility.
- Frank successfully has advocated for the appointment of provisional directors and receivers in disputes between owners of closely held businesses and in representing commercial lenders. He also successfully has negotiated buy-outs and other monetary and non-monetary settlements in those disputes.
- Frank has represented clients on employment contract disputes, and also in matters involving hostile work environment, discrimination and similar employment-related claims.
- Frank successfully has represented trust and estate beneficiaries on claims against fiduciaries related to multi-million dollar estates consisting primarily of real property and closely held businesses.
- Frank successfully has resolved claims by a commercial lender against a title insurer and title agent for damages allegedly caused by the title agent’s failure to perfect the lender’s interest in certain loan collateral, and has acted as coverage counsel for lenders’ title insurance claims.
- Frank has assisted automobile and food service franchisees in litigation adverse to their respective franchisors.
J.D., with honors, Rutgers University School of Law (2002)
Articles Editor, Rutgers Law Journal
BA, with highest honors, Rutgers University (1999)
State of New Jersey
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Honors, Awards, Recognitions
Selected as a “Best Attorney in Business” by South Jersey Biz magazine (2014, 2015).
Recognized in the New Jersey Super Lawyers and Law and Politics “Rising Stars” publications, 2006-2012, and in Latino Who’s Who publications.
Co-author, “Nostradamus, Esquire?” New Jersey Lawyer, December 2011.
Co-author, “Consumer Fraud Protection for Business Consumers: ‘For Who? For What?’ Revisited,” New Jersey Lawyer, February 2011.
Co-author, “Camden County Attorneys Obtain Significant Victory for Apartment Owners,” New Jersey Apartment Association, AIM, Post Convention Issue, June/July 2005.
Co-author, “Courts Provide Much Needed Ammunition In Defending The Use Of Another’s Trademark In Website Metatags,” ABA, Section of Litigation, Committee on Intellectual Property Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, Spring 2004.
Speaker, Law of Sales, Lorman 2004.
News from Lauletta
Lauletta Birnbaum Holds 2nd Annual Ping Pong Tournament
Lauletta Birnbaum’s 2nd Annual Ping Pong Tournament Lauletta Birnbaum recently held their 2nd Annual Ping Pong Tournament. $1,000 was raised in t-shirt sales for the non-profit children’s charity, An Opportunity’s Knockin’. You can view the video below:Read more
Eric D. Schoenborn, Prominent Corporate and Securities Attorney, Joins Lauletta Birnbaum and Strengthens Corporate Practice
Eric D. Schoenborn Joins Lauletta Birnbaum Eric D. Schoenborn, Prominent Corporate and Securities Attorney, Joins Lauletta Birnbaum and Strengthens Corporate Practice. Click here to read the press release.Read more
Ari D. Linden of Lauletta Birnbaum named 2015 Awesome Attorney by South Jersey Magazine
Ari D. Linden of Lauletta Birnbaum named “2015 Awesome Attorney!” Ari D. Linden of Lauletta Birnbaum named “2015 Awesome Attorney!” for Commercial and Civil Litigation for the 6th consecutive year in a row. Click here to read the digital article.Read more